Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Blog Post #8: Testing Out Lightroom (Again)

Over Fall Break, I went home with one of my roommates to Cheyenne, Wyoming, for the long weekend. We ended up not going to Curt Gowdy State Park like I talked about in one of my previous blogs, but we did go to one of the parks nearby her house as well as the Air Force Base in Cheyenne.

While we were at Lion's Park, we came across a few ducks swimming in the lake there, two of which were resting underneath a tree. The one I really liked that I took was the one I shared in class last week for the Share 2 & Critique. I had played around with the editing a little bit, but I didn't do anything drastic, especially with the cropping or the contrast.

The first copy of the photo pictured below is the version I showed in class. The second copy of the photo is with additional edits I made to it based on the feedback I got in class. One fear I have, just based on my computer screen, is I may have made the one duck's head a little bit too green, but I still really wanted to make sure the color and its eye really stood out for the viewer to find immediately.

ISO 100 | 210 mm | f/9.0 | 1/30 sec

16 x 9 aspect ratio crop | Applied adjustment brush to the duck's green head to adjust contrast, shadows, & exposures | Applied adjustment brush to the bright stick behind the duck's green head | Adjusted contrast & saturation to whole photo


No comments:

Post a Comment